Friday, April 14, 2006

Charlie Brown's not ALL blockhead...

He does care....

For me, even. :)

Last night when I got home, he'd bought me flowers, planted me flowers (a new rose bush in the place where a lilac failed to thrive last year), and was working on an "I love Mommy" coloring poster campaign with the kids.

Yeah, I tipped him off...probably about an hour into the whole write-up deal, I called him at work. He told me as I cried that I'd scared him b/c he thought I'd been fired. He then came up with this blockheaded statement:

"I guess that's why there are few to no women mechanics - you get all emotional like this, and OUR mistakes could kill someone."

Wasn't exactly the reassuring shoulder or pat I needed right then, but I'd say he more than made up for it - wouldn't you?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'd say he did good:)
    Do men not hear the things that come out of thier mouths sometimes?(Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my links!)

    ReplyDelete