Thursday, May 18, 2006

Another Potty-Training Story

So...this morning Punkinhead goes out to the garage and gets in the car. No biggie, a slight headstart to the timeframe I was operating on. Get LMNOB ready, walk out the door, and into the garage.

Punkinhead is "driving."

This means anything that can operate without the key being in ignition, hazard lights, the dome light and an alternative head light, is ON. Usually, he's got the doors locked too...and he did.

But I have the KEY!!

Open the door, and he says, "Mama, I wet." And he is....thoroughly.

Back into the house we go, new undies, shorts and shirt.

I ask him, "Why?!? You know how to tell me when you gotta go. ******SIGH****** But honey...it's ok, just don't do it anymore okay? Tell me when you have to go."

His answer?

(hint, I think big sister has been feeding him this line)

At not even 3 years old, my baby looks at me, shrugs indifferently and lightly says,

"I dunno, it's naht my fault, Mama."
We had a discussion on how bodily fluids are, in fact, one's own fault when we see fit to let them escape us while a toilet is lacking. But this attitude CRACKS me up - it's so out of nowhere!

2 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love it when they pick up words/phrases from the big kids?!
    Thanks for your comment, I answered you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on my blog that is...How do you edit here?! lol!

    ReplyDelete