Thursday, March 29, 2007

On my little Georgia O'Keefe

That is LMNOB, who is quite into her flowers stage right now:


She drew some more dahlia looking flowers on a white board while we did the parent teacher conference - which was excellent. That is to say, that while Ms. S doesn't see the issues we're having at home - b/c LMNOB is a very introverted, but high performing student, so no problem, right? kind of kid for her - she is supportive and open to keeping an eye out. She gets it. We are so blessed to have her for LMNOB's kindy teacher.

The pediatrician visit was not as bad as I thought it would be - though, truthfully, I kind of don't see why I have to pay who knows how many $ for that visit...it basically gave me what I already knew, though it did provide me with validation that yeah, she should have grown out of this scale of tantrums by now and that's off behavior, but that Dr. S (same S as the teacher, too, no relation, but it helps me remember!) didn't have any medical/psychiatric concerns.

So, major developmental stuff was pretty much ruled out...now we go on to finding a therapist and seeing what they have to say. The Dr. S acknowledged some plausibility of SID, but said that therapists do the diagnostics for that, not him, which I figured.

Murphy's Lesser Known Law of "just as you go getting other people involved in a problem it wil all but disappear and make you look like the crazy one," seems to be in application the past two days, but I keep telling myself, this isn't the first time, this isn't brand new, this has been a nagging pattern, so proceed checking it out. Charlie Brown is with me on that, too. Thank God.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful picture...still keeping you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here from Niki's blog and just wanted to say "trust your instincts". You know your child better than anyone else and you know if something is not right. My child was always "perfect" at church and school but at home it was a different story. It took a couple of years of therapy with a great counselor but she is doing so much better these days. She is a happier little girl and we rarely have any rages anymore. I will pray that you find the perfect counselor to help your family through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meghan & Mak...

    Mak, you've got me beat with the perfect behavior in church thing - that is one of the places she acts out in, but home or any kind of shopping trip are tops. The rages are almost surreal, and I don't know why we haven't done something sooner...I guess we figured she would just grow out of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy. Good luck. I have no idea how you do it and are still sane.

    Cute pics, though! The true artist temperment, eh?

    ReplyDelete