Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And, Avoidance Leads the Race

I'm sure if I would have actually said, "Honey, we need to talk" that Charlie Brown would have put the video game down.

But, always a but....

But that would instantly put him in defensive mode.

And I so do not want that. I think confrontation would send me to the looney bin right now.

Tonight just wasn't the night.

And it's not his fault. Nor mine. And I'm ok with it, for now.


************
Let's see....how about bloggable happenings in headline format?
5/13/2008 Moderately Violent Video Game Said to Increase Fraternal Cooperation and Kindnesses.
Yesterday after school, LMNOB and Punkinhead were playing Ultimate Alliance, which is a roleplaying superhero game with Spidey and all his comrades. I have never heard more courteous and considerate discourse between the two of them. Who'd have thunk it?
"Thank you brother, I needed to kill that guy!"
"You're welcome! That was totawwy awesome, sister!"
:giggle:


5/9/08 Mother Secretly Pleased at Son's Confession
Friday when I picked up the kids from daycare, M shared with me a tickling conversation.
Kids: We're getting big.
Punkinhead: M [former childcare provider and neighbor] says that when we get big enough we can have our own kids!
M: Well, Punkinhead, if you find someone you love and get married, then you can have your own kids when you're big.
Punkinhead: Well, I love my mommy.
M: Yeah, but she's already married....to your daddy.
Punkinhead: Well that's just dumb - I love my Mommy!
Awwww, nothing warms the heart quite like a little Oedipal action.
Because it sure beats the "Oh yeah, well, I don't wike you Mommy. I wish you would go to jail," that we have been hearing of late.



© 2008 Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I love it, 'well that's just DUMB.'

    My Boy has already claimed he's buying the house next door to us so that he can be close to me forever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mess with the MAN and his video games. EVER. I know I got kicked in the balls for it once.

    How cute that he wants to marry mommy!! I thought it was cute that Bacon said that I was Beautiriffic, but of course not...your guy trumped it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the video game conversation. Too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete