Monday, January 1, 2018

Actualization: 2018


I suck at New Year's Resolutions - always have.

And ONE word for the year?

Seems so constraining, so limited for this tangential, all-the-strings-in-my-web-are-connected thinker.

So I did the vision board thing.

Yes, the very thing that I've poked fun of over the years.

You see, there's science that backs it, and I am determined AF (and, truthfully, a little lot overwhelmed) about making 2018 very, very different from 2017.

There are a lot of moving pieces to this year:

  • First official semester (i.e. IN the program) as a grad student, taking two courses, not one
  • Going through the Family Leadership Training Institute, and harnessing my voice
  • Second half of Kelsey's junior year, i.e. figuring out life plans and making $#!t happen for her
  • Lacrosse season - high school and club for Colton and Chris, respectively
  • Seth going back to work
  • My appointment to the Colorado Children's Trust Fund Board
  • Answering the calling God has given me (see all of the above!)
  • Really pursuing my fitness/health, and taking care of myself
  • Pouring into my relationships
So, I really needed something to bolster me as I pursue all of these things.

The BIG words for 2018 that I am holding onto for dear life?
  • Awakening - civilly, spiritually, life path-wise 
  • Hope - we have to do better in our families, communities, country
  • Transformation - intellectually, physically, emotionally, spiritually
  • BREATHE - I have to take time to rejuvenate, PLAY, and create
  • Triumph - I will succeed where I put my mind to it
  • Active - I have to make time to be healthy
  • Tribe - my friends and family are priceless and I want to continually invest in them while adding new people to the tribe
The small words are ideas for how to accomplish these things.
  • Find beauty in common places
  • Made in America with love (shout out to the idea of making America KIND again)
  • Daring Dissenter
  • Pioneers of HOPE
  • Refresh: Mind, Body, Soul
  • I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart
  • Truth be told
  • Because I have this crazy idea that my purpose is bigger than me
  • Breaking borders with Kindness
  • Class (as in the academic type)
  • Work harder
  • Relax
  • Gratitude
  • Write
  • Rejuvenate
  • Quest
  • Explore
  • Playtime
  • Camp
  • Getaway
  • Free to be you and me
  • Friends
  • #justsayhello
  • Surround yourself with inspirational people
Can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment