Friday, March 10, 2006

Peculiar behavior

My 2 y/o son is a wonder...he speaks with a toddler-ese accent, however, his words are really pristine English for his age.

As we all know, a mother's kiss makes any booboo better, at least up to a certain age.

His latest thing to make me wonder?

"Mama, kiss my eyes," a command that sounds like "Mama tiss muh eyyyyes," and it's spoken with such urgency, I can only happily oblige...and wonder just how much longer I have until he's on to me and realizes Mama's kiss is more placebo than anesthetic.

Apparently, he is equating tears with a boo-boo, because he makes this request only after he's been crying....I know, every kid is different, but I've never heard of this before!

It's too sweet, and truth be told, I love this little oddball ritual.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, cute. My kids, at 3 and 5, already know that kisses don't actually make things feel better--which is a little sad. My 3yo still wants the kisses, though . . . and they have to be exactly on the spot that hurts.

    ReplyDelete