Thursday, April 13, 2006

"I Have a Problem With My Drinking"

Now, with the way my posts have been sounding lately you may be thinking I made this statement, but you'd be wrong! ;-)

No...this exact phrase came out of LMNOB's 5 y/o mouth as I was taking a sip of milk this morning. I nearly sprayed the milk like a dairy hose out of my mouth! LOL

She got diagnosed with strep yesterday at the doctor's office (4 days of fever, one day of throwing up...NEVER a word about a sore throat, go figure!). So she clarifies her ridiculous sounding declaration by saying, "If I drink just a tiny bit of something it still hurts me, Mommy, but if I drink a LOT of something, it feels better!" Smiles and thumbs up from her. This is her cue for me to say, "Oh honey that's such a brilliant revelation!"

Kind of reminds me of that old commercial where the 3 y/o kid looks in the mirror and says, "I gotta do somethin' about this here root beer belly...." totally NOT what you expect a child to say!

3 comments:

  1. That is "pee your pants" funny!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Your kid must be adorable. Thanks for commenting on my blog, (the Britney Spears ditty).

    Also, I write children's books. Maybe you'd be into... although only one has been published and its not on-shelves yet, but I did write a poem about a frog today because of my random blogger question. Check it out if you want.

    Best,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! Hope she gets better sooon!!

    ReplyDelete