Wednesday, April 26, 2006

LOL...I feel like I walked back in time

with regard to sexual embarrassment.

I've had an IUD forever it seems like - about 2 1/2 years, and one before we decided to try for Punkinhead. Birth control is not an issue.

However, since I've started my antidepressants, I've become, ahem Blushy a lot more acidic than Charlie Brown's, ahh, sensitive skin can handle. Sorry if this is TMI - but you gotta see where I'm going with it. So, to avoid chemical burns on a certain member (hee hee, sorry couldn't resist) of the family, we're back to using condoms, no big deal.

Today, he informs me we're out and asks me to pick some up with a Wink knowing nod. No big deal - I long ago got over this social phobia letting a cashier see I was sexually active - right?

Yeah...until I go to Wal-mart, and after I've paid and go to leave, the door alarms go off. I thought it was most likely the two-for-one mascara pack I'd purchased. No, the two Grandmas at the door squawk loudly, "(Br-aaawwwk, like a parrot) it's the LIFESTYLES CONDOMS! Ma'am, can we see your receipt for these LIFESTYLES CONDOMS?" People are literally pointing and giggling to themselves in the store - I'm not just saying that out of paranoia! It was the archetypal worst nightmare of a teenager.

Embarrassing at the moment, comic relief now...I'll have a fun story Laughing 2 to share with Charlie Brown tonight.

1 comment:

  1. ROFLOL!!
    Oh girl! That is hysterical! At least you didn't have the kids with you, it's always fun to shop for um..."raincoats" with 5 kids (in my case) trailing you...
    At this point I'm surprised they even charge us for them anymore!
    Almost as much fun as buying a pregnancy test these days!
    Your comment about the F word on my blog threw me for just a minute, lost in that mommy brain fog again. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete