Monday, April 10, 2006

Nearing the end of babyhood memories

LMNOB is 5! And Punkinhead is almost 3! Where have my babies gone?

I love the little persons they are turning into, but mourn the passing of babyhood. I've a list of phrases they both used to use that are no longer uttered 'round here - and I miss them!

Hot juice - this is what LMNOB used to call a soda

Cha-cha meeeeeelk - Punkinhead's early label for chocolate milk, paired with an adorable little tushie shaker dance every time I made it for him - recently revised to:

Chocwut meelk

Do-wha - Dora, beloved by both kiddos, but now correctly pronounced (though I do still have Eggo - PH's attempt at Dora's cousin Diego)

Ok...I had more in mind but now am drawing a blank...I guess this is to be cont'd....

Chi-chen - Chicken as both pronounced for a long time

And how could I forget these gems?

Dez-uh-ert - LMNOB's version of dessert. Heehee, how many times over the years have I heard, "Mommy can I puh-lease have some dez-uh-ert?" LOL

Kiss-DUH-stin' - LMNOB's rendition of disgusting. "Ewww brudder, that's kissDUHstin' !" We actually use this one around the house, Charlie Brown and I.

Nigh' nigh' - Punkinhead's night-night = his blanket Nana made him. He now says blankie, and when he made the switch I was SO sad! :(

6 comments:

  1. Awww, I was just remembering some of the things my nieces (Purple Kangaroo's girls) use to say and don't anymore, too. For a while MM was constant with "hewp! Hewp me!" (help) and when AJ was quite young she would make this funny agreeing noise very like her Aunt Sis, "m'MMMmm".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's bittersweet, these things. I love the new phase, but miss the old too (and I've developed maternal amnesia on the less than pleasant phases, lol), but we're done with babies, so it jsut feels so FINAL.

    I read your profile...have you read Anita Diamant's "the Red Tent?" It's not Christian, (well could be OT Christian, but the author is Jewish) but it certainly gives creative license to the untold stories of Jacob's very large family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read "The Red Tent"--I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ssooooo sweet! They do grow up so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. Those little toddler-isms are so precious.

    I linked to you from my Monday Memory today, since it was a reminiscing post on a Monday, and you posted a comment on my MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I've come and read your blog so many times- just never left a comment...
    You are totally welcome to link yours to mine, I'd love to do the same, soon as I figure out how. You know me!:)
    You know the older my babies get, the more I want to put bricks on thier heads and somehow keep them from growing up on me. I love these ages and stages...

    ReplyDelete