Friday, May 26, 2006

First blooms of the season


My lone little forget me not ahem, baby blue eyes bloom, an individual amongst the sprouted "surprise" variety of wildflowers we planted. It is the first of any of the wildflowers to bud, let alone bloom.



Then, our columbines (this blue variety being the CO state flower) just opened up yesterday, and we have a bunch more on the way.


Finally, our hot poker flower plant is true to form and producing a lot already. It's fun to watch the asparagus-looking buds go red to orange to yellow.








I think I've mentioned on here how LMNOB is a green thumb? Well she is, and she DELIGHTS in every seed, bud, blossom, and mature plant stage that gardening entails. I'd say the flowering stage is by far her favorite though. Every night this week we inspect the plants for new growth when we come home...and oh, the joy, the bliss on her face when there is new life to behold! And, the truth be told, it's on my face too...I've been thinking about God, during the time of creation and how much fun it must have been to craft all of these very different plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment