Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Loving my Lord, the Life He's given me, and my Lovey

LOL, Loving my Lovey...I'm just a regular sentimental cheeseball tonight, but I do!

I came across this passage in Isaiah earlier this week and sent it to my friend S, whose husband is battling sexual addiction:

Isaiah 14
A Taunt for Babylon's King

1But the LORD will have mercy on the descendants of Jacob. Israel will be his special people once again. He will bring them back to settle once again in their own land. And people from many different nations will come and join them there and become a part of the people of Israel.[
a] 2The nations of the world will help the LORD's people to return, and those who come to live in their land will serve them. Those who captured Israel will be captured, and Israel will rule over its enemies.
3In that wonderful day when the LORD gives his people rest from sorrow and fear, from slavery and chains, 4you will taunt the king of Babylon (Satan). You will say, "The mighty man has been destroyed. Yes, your insolence is ended. 5For the LORD has crushed your wicked power and broken your evil rule. 6You persecuted the people with unceasing blows of rage and held the nations in your angry grip. Your tyranny was unrestrained. 7But at last the land is at rest and is quiet. Finally it can sing again! 8Even the trees of the forest--the cypress trees and the cedars of Lebanon--sing out this joyous song: `Your (Satan’s) power is broken! No one will come to cut us down now!'
9"In the place of the dead[
b] there is excitement over your arrival. World leaders and mighty kings long dead are there to see you. 10With one voice they all cry out, `Now you are as weak as we are! 11Your might and power are gone; they were buried with you. All the pleasant music in your palace has ceased. Now maggots are your sheet and worms your blanket.'
12"How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning (Satan)! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world. 13For you said to yourself, `I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars. I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north. 14I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High.' 15But instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths. 16Everyone there will stare at you and ask, `Can this be the one who shook the earth and the kingdoms of the world? 17Is this the one who destroyed the world and made it into a wilderness? Is this the king who demolished the world's greatest cities and had no mercy on his prisoners?'
18"The kings of the nations lie in stately glory in their tombs, 19but you will be thrown out of your grave like a worthless branch. Like a corpse trampled underfoot, you will be dumped into a mass grave with those killed in battle. You will descend to the pit. 20You will not be given a proper burial, for you have destroyed your nation and slaughtered your people. Your son will not succeed you as king. 21Kill the children of this sinner! Do not let them rise and conquer the land or rebuild the cities of the world."
22This is what the LORD Almighty says: "I, myself, have risen against him! I will destroy his (Satan’s) children and his children's children, so they will never sit on his throne. (And He HAS!!! He is RISEN!) 23I will make Babylon into a desolate land, a place of porcupines, filled with swamps and marshes. I will sweep the land with the broom of destruction. I, the LORD Almighty, have spoken!"


In NO uncertain terms, the Lord has won this battle over Satan, and it is SO comforting to me to repeat verse two, particularly the latter half: Those who captured Israel will be captured, and Israel will rule over its enemies. It's not just a hope I cling to, but a living truth that has been played out in a very real way in my marriage. My husband has risen up to be a mighty warrior for God. He's reading the Word - actually READING it, on his own, apart from Bible Class/Church. This is a first in ...EVER, at least in 8 yrs of marriage. And how sexy and romantic this is to me! My need for Charlie Brown to be a spiritual leader in our home has gone unmet for a number of years, but now, Satan- who once captured Charlie Brown is now defeated and Charlie Brown is ruling over him, by the grace and transforming power of Jesus.

Abba, Abba Father! I love you and thank you for this priceless gift of love! Your gifts of love upon me are so numerous, from Jesus offering salvation, to the teachers of the truth you've blessed me with, to my children, friends, etc. Salvation alone is wonderous enough, but that you keep on pouring your blessings on me humbles me. A million thank you's are never enough!
I pray that you are with our many friends experiencing trial right now. Lord bless them with the comfort of your arms, bind the influence of the evil one, and remove it from their lives, Father. Be with those who are graduating and moving to a new phase in life right now, Lord. Guard their tender hearts and direct them in paths of righteousness. Strengthen them and blossom them into the men and women you would have them be.
I just want to be where You are
Dwelling daily in your presence
Take me to the place where you are,
I just want to be with You...
Be with us Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment