Monday, June 12, 2006

No posters, but prayers were answered yesterday!!

My e-mail this morning to my other church sisters who were called to the "summit," yesterday:

Sisters,

Yesterday’s talk was an answered prayer for me – as I’d been praying for her heart to soften and resolve to work things out with her marriage. God is SO good, isn’t He?

I’m still a little cautious for now regarding her contact with this other guy, and just keep praying for us to battle Satan’s presence in this part of her heart.

This morning I told her how much it meant for me to hear the words she had to say yesterday, that I knew that was a very difficult thing for her to do, being the private, keep the feelings inside person she is, and that alone made it precious, but then she topped it with words of perseverance. A miracle of the heart. I also prayed with her this morning, for her spiritual life, for the husband’s, for them to get right with God first and then grow together in marriage like never before.

I left her some scriptures that I recommended she read (most are about seeking God and the blessings He promises in return):

Deuteronomy 4:
29But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him.

31 For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.


Hosea 10:
12 Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for it is time to seek the LORD,
until he comes
and showers righteousness on you.

Isaiah 55
Invitation to the Thirsty
1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,

come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.

5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

And finally, I pray this Scripture a lot:
Matthew 10:
26…There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

God’s working mightily–
M, I know you’re worried with soon being gone for the Ukraine, and I’m praying that His peace will be with you on this. I’m committed to helping her spiritually via prayer, encouragement, and select feedings of the Word ;o) and I’d say S is too. I want to thank you both for your loving hearts and godly examples – it encourages me to no end. I look at this situation and God’s hand in the little details of how this family even came into our lives – how it was all preparation for this storm, and I’m amazed at the intricacies of the loving concern and plans He has for each one of us. I love you both.
God bless,
H


Answered prayers, all over the place! Hallelujah - I will praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment