Friday, August 11, 2006

Talk about a "visceral reaction!"

To quote my buddy Post Cards from her comment yesterday.

Mike Cope's got an interesting piece on his blog today.

The picture evoked the aforementioned reaction from me. Things like, "How much money did that cost - and could have been spent REALLY making a difference; How much hatred and division is that going to stir up; and the cliche' - What would Jesus do?" ran thru my mind at time-warp speed.

But, like all good writers, Mike knew that it would grab people and draw them in - and it did me. I couldn't agree more with the rest of his post, save for the small clarification I made in the comments.

Kind of interesting that there is so much unrest in the country about our nation divided. It makes me happy to see that people are unhappy about it, because that means perhaps, they'll get off their duffs and do something about it.

C'mon people now, let's get together, try to love one another right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment