Monday, September 25, 2006

SADD

It's fall now
which means the earth has tilted
and things in life have, again, somehow
become very forced and stilted
Gone is the ease
of summer days
with its cool breeze
whispering through the sun's warm rays
Shadows form at all times
now that new angles dictate
from where exactly the sun must shine
And seeing new shadows cast, my heart anticipates:
Him being gone more
Kids driving me nuts
My sense of self flying out the door
Hearing more famililial "ifs" "ands" and "buts"
Holiday mania in all but me
A full planner with family events
Feeling like I'm on the outside looking in to see
Anxious about all the predetermined precedents
Yeah, it's September
And the earth has tilted
For as long as I can remember
Fall has come and made my life forced and stilted.

1 comment:

  1. HUGS, Red! Hope you're not feeling 'SADD' for long...get thee some sunshine and vent if you need to. You know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete