Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sick

Yesterday, fighting the voice in the back of my head that said, "You're a crappy mom, neglecting your kids like this," I took a nap while the kiddies played in LMNOB's room.

Charlie Brown was at work.

I. Was. Just. So. TIRED! I've had a bit of a head cold all week, and yesterday, my body was screaming for rest.

So I set the alarm for 2:30 and slept for an hour. It felt good too.

Charlie Brown came home and we ordered dinner in, decided not to go to a going away party for friends of ours (not because we didn't want to, but they'd been at our house Friday night for a more personal going away, and I was not feeling well), I studied, and fell asleep halfway thru the second journal article I was reading. That was like 8:00. And I'm sort of a night owl.

So I went to bed. And slumbered the night away.

At 7:40 this morning, Charlie Brown says, "Someone must have messed with the alarm."

Sunday church. oops!

It felt like cutting through sand to raspily say, "Oh, yeah, I used it whed I dook by dap," to which Chuck replied, "Oh, you sound sexy."

This is our code for, "Wow! Are you just dying, or what? I'd hug you but you sound like the kiss of death, so how can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah I'b dot baking it to church." Then I think I hacked up a lung or something...My head is pounding like it is trying to squeeze every last drop of congestion out of me.

It has been a LONG time since I have been ill. And I'm remembering, I do not do well with sickness either. Damn.

In the meantime, the crew is at church, and I'm gonna get me some more zzz's. If only the sun weren't so blazing bright today.

2 comments:

  1. There is no such thing has a crappy mom, only a crappy back up team. AS I don't know any other job including a MD that is on call 24 hours a day seven days a week.
    Everyone needs a break and time off especially mom's. It is cute how you deal with your life with humor.. as they say laughter is the best medicine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there are crappy moms out there...and sometimes because of the back up team being lacking, and sometimes just because some women should not become mothers.

    Granted, in this case, that was a baseless worry - and your point about the md on call is totally dead on :)

    Laughter is my drug of choice. And obscene amounts of caffeine; thankfully both are abundant at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete