Friday, March 16, 2007

Do most mommies document this landmark?

Punkinhead said his first curse word a few days ago, something I was just informed of today, by one guilty Charlie Brown, b/c it was due to his influence...surprise.

They were out in the garage the other night working on Chuck's dirtbike that he bought last year, when the bike tipped, and then Charlie Brown tripped, (much like those fakeout football kicks of Lucy's doing) due to a matchbox car of Punkinhead's.

Charlie Brown, pride hurt, and scared that his pricey investment might have hurt his most priceless investment (read: Punkinhead for you ignorant souls) barked, "Move that f@#$'n car!"

And this part I love, Punkinhead got all indignant, and says, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, it's not a f@#$'n caw, it's a bwue caw!"

We don't usually say the F word at Casa del Meyer. Not because we are all superior like that, (though I do tend to question intelligence of a person when it is the only adjective they are capable of using) but it's just not in our everyday vernacular. I particularly don't think it is appropriate for children to use, and being the immediate linguistic role model, avoid it like the plague.

Punkinhead did not get scolded for saying it - he was, after all, arguing a very valid point. The car was indeed blue. (ah, how I miss those days of black and white thinking) Not to mention he had no idea of what he was saying, and was simply responding in innocent, honest, childlike form.

I thought it was funny, because while cursing children are not appropriate, there is something wickedly charming about it when they don't know what they are saying.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's hilarious. And hey, no offense taken by your first post about sass on my blog yesterday. Even if you DID mean that you thought Stink was being sassy, which later you said you didn't, I would have been fine with that. I like hearing peoples' opinions. Everyone has a different style and we're all doing our best in this motherhood thing. Thanks for checking in on me here and there. I enjoy checking in on you, too. Hang in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...thanks for stumbling across my page...I can't wait to follow your adventures. I have a feeling we have a lot more in common than just Dooce lovers.

    ReplyDelete