Thursday, April 19, 2007

Since I'm brain-dead...

A bulleted list of random, blah, so-not-entertaining info:
  • LMNOB has strep throat. Started Amoxicillin today.
  • Because she will still be contagious thru tomorrow, 1.) no OT visit (despite my having wrangled out of my prior commitment), and 2.) No date night...for the 2nd month in a row (we were the babysitters last month)
  • But enough about me - my poor baby, is hurting and miserable and I wish I could take it away!
  • Ok, back to me, lol, since the network server was down at work for both Monday AND Tuesday, I have me a lot of work to get done, but alas, am home nursing my sick child.
  • I get kind of tired of Charlie Brown's dedication to his work in times like this - b/c unless he is also sick, I am the one who stays home (except once this winter). But my $ doesn't pay the bills as much as his does, rather it pays for benefits like sick time and health insurance.
  • Charlie Brown and I had a conversation last night about "gun control" last night, in reference to V Tech. Funny, he hears "gun control," and he thinks "gun inaccessibility. period." I hear "gun control," and I think, "more thorough background checks, waiting periods, 'no gun for you' to violent offenders of any variety" - in short, I think guns become a 'controlled substance - kind of like prescription meds. They have a purpose and a need for educated users. Wanna hunt - fine, just show me you've taken a hunter's safety course, on top of standard procedures....I dunno. I just don't think the shoot-'em-up society we live in today is what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Bill of Rights. Alright, this is a long bullet point. Suffice to say, we are in very different camps on this one.
  • We have increasingly less in common, Charlie Brown and I. I miss my friend who used to know me so well.
  • Life is sort of a "going thru the motions" for me right now. Automotron mode it is....
  • But for how long?
  • And if that answer is longer than I want it to be, then what am I going to do about it? What changes need to be made in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment