Monday, July 23, 2007

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

On the school (which is kicking my a$$) front:

Last week's discussion post earned me a 30/40 (read: a "C," other wise known as the grade of those who champion mediocrity in normal school, but in graduate school we go all kung fu frickin' intellectual elitist and a C is now reserved for those just above pond scum).

My inner voice of reason: Oh hell, Heather, shut up - you always felt that way about a C - it was a travesty if a B dared show up at the end of a semester.

My inner ideals:
Oh you shut up - I have so grown up a bit and am ok with a grade below an A!

VOR:
Oh yeah??? Then why this post? Because unlike you, I know where you're going with this.

II:
You suck - know it all. Hmmph!

It was my second such grade on discussion posts, bringing my running total to 88.blahblah %. And the thing that kills me? It is all about effort, not my actual level of knowledge. It's the ever elusive element of TIME.

And yes, I do know that no employer will ever care what my GPA was. I do know that I do not have to prove anything to anyone. I know that an A is not the end-all be-all of the world.

But damn how I want it!

And so the gratitude of this post....my most recent discussion post got a PERFECT! 40/40! bringing my grade up to just shy of 90%.

I will get that A. Oh yes....she will be mine.

1 comment: