Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hiya, God - It's Me Again...

:waving sheepishly:

Hi.

So, I thought this morning that it wouldn't be TOO much to ask if you could help Charlie Brown have a good day, seeing as he was kinda overwhelmed last night and this morning, just thinking about the self-centered, profiteering bastards people he'd have to deal with at work today.

I mean, I prayed over him before he left the house this morning. Verbally. Holding his hand, so that there was no mistake in his mind that I care about him and how he's treated, and want his life to go smoothly.

And again in the car, with the kids on the way to daycare. Again, verbally. Reiterating the fact that HE WORKS SO HARD for us and we are so blessed by him, so that our children might begin to comprehend just how much it means to have a father who puts in 50 hours of physical labor every week for our family. And appreciate just how taken for granted he is.

Of course, there were also the silent prayers that have been offered up all week on his behalf that he get the recognition, respect, compensation and appreciation that he so deserves.

But, Lord, the phone call I got from him this afternoon was not the right answer.

"It's been the day that I knew it was going to be today....Heather, I was so overwhelmed that I actually cried in the truck when I got to work."

Just a reminder, God, Charlie Brown doesn't cry because he's overwhelmed. I do.

Charlie Brown does cry at funerals, weddings and births. He does not cry when people are asshats to him. Again, that role is usually reserved for me.

It's breaking my heart knowing that my man is feeling so unappreciated, so frustrated, and so disrespected.

Now, I've been trying to do what I can - female wiles and charm and all - to make him feel like he's king of our castle. Gladly.

But I can't control what happens out of our home - so whaddya say, can you help a girl out?

Will you comfort the soul of my love? Wrap him in Your everloving arms and be the Voice of Truth in this crazy world to him? Breathe peace into him during this trial?

Please, Lord. We love him so and just want him to be happy.

:shrugs:

See, not too big of a request, right?

:twirls hair on finger:

Thank you, Daddy!




© 2008 Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. God answers the prayers of the desires of our hearts. The fact that you are supporting him and giving him the respect and recognition he deserves, speaks volumes of your loyalty and dedication to him! Your blog made me smile...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job 11:13-19

    13 "Yet if you devote your heart to him
    and stretch out your hands to him,

    14 if you put away the sin that is in your hand
    and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,

    15 then you will lift up your face without shame;
    you will stand firm and without fear.

    16 You will surely forget your trouble,
    recalling it only as waters gone by.

    17 Life will be brighter than noonday,
    and darkness will become like morning.

    18 You will be secure, because there is hope;
    you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

    19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid,
    and many will court your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has been going through some crap at work as well. I will be praying for your fam.

    ReplyDelete