Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Me Monday: January 11, 2010



(I obviously did NOT start this on Monday and leave it in my drafts folder for days afterward!)

It's been awhile since I played along with Not Me Monday, but this week there were a fair amount of things that dealt a blow of conviction to my gut. And a few funnies. Perfect mix for Not Me Monday, eh? So without further ado....

Last week I definitely did not get so frustrated at my dishwasher (which has suddenly decided to rinse with water rife with all that chopped up bits of food it creates and therefore deposit a gritty, albeit[food] organic, silt-like substance on all my glassware) that I proceeded to handyman it myself. I certainly did not unscrew the lower rinse blade and pull out the perceived culprit, what appeared to have once been a cheesestick wrapper (thanks kids!) only to put it back together somewhat askew. Because none of this happened, there was not a huge increase in the volume of the dishwasher while running. I mean, this never happened because I would never, ever, attempt anything mechanical on my own, right? And then, I did not get freaked out by this hypothetical noise to the point that when Seth arrived home I surely didn't forget to greet him with words other than, "I think there is something really wrong with the dishwasher." Because I appreciate my husband as more than the appliance fixer! So, because I did NOT say that in a huff of frustration as Seth came thru the door, I don't know why he proceeded to say, "Well the bushing isn't on right," unscrew it and adjust only to rescrew it in. Too tightly, thus REALLY breaking the dishwasher as the part in qestion snapped in two. :sigh:

($5 bought a new part and it has since been reinstalled...the food grit is still, however, occurring. I am NOT frustrated wit this at all!)

On Friday, I did NOT impulsively jump on the facebook bandwagon and post my bra color as a status update without thinking it thru. Because I think more about those sorts of things, after all, right? Whoopsies.

Sunday morning after Christopher had the nastiest diaper known to moms (thank you spinach...I feel sorry for Popeye's mama now!), I did not contemplate using (and subsequently disposing of) a spatula to scoop the poop into the toilet because it was sooooo copious! (we're cloth diapering for all you disposable users going, 'toilet? huh?') Well, ok, maybe I did think that, but I certainly did not just toss the insert into the tub as I harriedly swished the nastiness in the toilet, because that would be lazy! And I didn't later toss it in the bathroom sink when I needed to shower, because the diaper pail is Just.Right.THERE.Outside.The.Door! And I definitely didn't put my finger in residual pooh when I finally went to put it in the pail, because I remember these things and handle all waste gingerly! :shudders:

I have not washed and rewashed the same load in my washer 3 4 times this week. That would be wasteful.

There are more things I have Not done, but it would take me another week to write them all out - enjoy!

© 2006-present Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment