Friday, June 17, 2011

Quotable...

Last night I was driving the kids back from the Boys and Girls Club and the topic of conversation was fixated on their impending sleepovers with friends.

We were talking transportation, and I told Middleton we'd pick up his friend, Birthday Buddy, after we got Screech and were heading home.  Special K pipes up, "But what about A?" (A is her friend who will also be staying over, and driving home with us).

At that moment I realize, indeed, as initially planned, we would have more children than seatbelts, and I said, "Well, we'd figure something out."

Special K then suggests, "You should drop me and A off, and then go get Birthday Buddy, because we're responsible.  For a minute or two, anyway."

I laughed and laughed at her candor and accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment