Monday, May 8, 2006

Monday Memories -


Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about Our First Overnight (and Only So Far) Without Kids?




Last Spring, when the kiddos were 4 and 18 mos, we got to have a night away...the first time since LMNOB's birth that we'd been kid-free overnight.

I'd gotten free tickets to a blacktie event (one of the grantees from my work, no, it wasn't a bribe, lol) and our d/c provider offered to swap out a night of care with us. She called me the morning of and said, "The kids know me and my house, and we'll see each other at church tomorrow, why don't you guys just let them stay the night?" It was awesome!

We went to our dinner and dance and had a great time; the next morning, Sunday, we got up and drank coffee on the patio, then, since we had all this time before church and no kids to get ready, we went for a walk along our neighborhood's nature trails. In the big vacant field along the trail, there were several hot air balloons lifting off, so we stood and watched. It was really neat and very romantic! Charlie Brown told me he'd never felt so connected to me; I felt the same.

We've really got to do this again sometime...

Links to other Monday Memories
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below)


Click here for the Monday Memories code
Click here for Shelli's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!


Purple Kangaroo
Amy

2 comments: