Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Warning! Shameless Self-Promotion Inside!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's MY Birthday today. Yes, 27 years ago, God let me grace the world with my presence....giggle I did say shameless, LOL!

My reflections of the past year?

- I worry too much. This is something I am trying to give to God, as I really want to say that worry wasn't part of my life after the 27th year.

- My downs certainly make my ups just that much sweeter - right now, life is good, because God is good - wait, shouldn't life always be good then?? You know what I'm talkin' about though, right?

- Someone told me 30 is the new 21, and 50 is the new 30. I think she is SO right, because as I approach 30, I just get excited about more confidence and security in life, knowing myself and God that much more. I've grown more comfortable in my body as the years pass on - who'd have thunk that one, with all the age defying products on the market?

- I'm me. And, who I am is not a static thing. I can and will grow, change my mind, falter, stumble, learn, and simply live. To expect me to know myself and stay the same is to put myself in a cage, lock the door, and throw away the key.

Oh, there are more, but there's not enough time to name them all...Suffice it to say, I'm another year older, another year wiser.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I'm looking forward to 30 too!
    Thanks for your words on my blog this morning.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete