Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One Step Closer to Painting CO's 4th Congressional District Clear!

So I'm home with a sick LMNOB today, right? (Sadly, my poor baby has been vomiting on the 1/2 hour, every hour since 6:00am - with the exception of two brief naps she has taken) So what better to do than send some e-mails for work - including a media release (read: cry for volunteers) for the inclement weather shelter, catch up on blogs, and actually take the time to read what's shakin' with the CD4 race?

As I prodded the DenverPost.com to open, by hitting refresh several times, the page finally and slowly came to life. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a headline that had me thinking, "NO Way!" Upon following the link, though, it was true - Angie Paccione has dropped out of the race!
In the political arena, one very well could speculate and say mean, sour grape-ish things about the real whys behind Angie dropping out, those that are beyond what Angie's already told the public - that she is pursuing a private, business endeavor - but that's not my style.

Nor is it Betsy Markey's way - in an e-mail I received from her campaign manager today it said succinctly, "We wish Angie the best in her future endeavors.*" And that is one of the many reasons I sparkly-pink-puffy-heart Betsy - because she is classy, and genuinely committed to running a clean race. Her integrity alone wins her more points in my book than any other politician (elected or just trying) that I follow.

But that's not all. Oh, and now I'm getting around to explaining my title. Yes, I did mean to say paint the district "clear." Not Red, not Blue - but Clear. And just what the hell do you mean by that, Hammy? What I mean is that Betsy doesn't have a partisan agenda. She's not committed to being the best Democratic representative. Betsy Markey is committed to being the best representative for our people, period. Betsy knows the constituents of CD4 - heck she's been one of them for years! She knows their needs as small business owners, parents, farmers, etc., and will represent them in a fashion that will allow their natural, varying colors (red, blue and every purple imaginable) shine through - thus, Betsy will be a CLEAR topcoat for CD4's people.

And then, we can be rid of the oppressive red that Musgrave fancies. Marilyn, having a coat of red in the House was so last decade. Buh-bye.

*edited to add: Betsy has since released an official statement on Angie dropping out of the race. Go take a look for yourself and see the honorable, positive, and respectful stance that Betsy has taken . She's our best political bet, I'm tellin' ya!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Angie!

    It is exciting when someone as capable as Angie is recognized by a major corporation for the assets she can bring Pathways to Leadership on a full-time basis. Congratulations Angie.

    It is now time for those of us who have supported Angie in the past to go forward and support Betsy Markey.  We are fortunate to have such a remarkable candidate who can represent the Democratic principles so well in the 4th district and be able to beat Ms. Musgrave. 

    I've heard her speak once and was impressed by the depth of her knowledge of the issues that face all Americans and especially those who live in the 4th. She is an independent thinker who will work for all the citizens of Colorado, especially the 4th. 

    I went to Betsy's website to see what was written today about Angie's departure from the web.  It was a very gracious statement - as I fully expected. I urge all readers to do so - www.betsymarkey.com

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!

    I hope, though, that LMNOB is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Betsy, and I also must say- it's nice to see constiuents well-informed about their candidates. Phew.

    Also- belatedly- gorgeous pics of Rabbit Ear's Pass! I love that place.

    ReplyDelete