Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Face of Homelessness and The Poor

Denver's Road Home Project Manager Dr. Jamie Van Leeuwen recently shared this fabulous photo essay with me.

He's working on a new photo essay, same song different verse, for Ft. Collins' UniverCity Connections Homelessness Initiative, with which I am involved.

Another project I am involved with around homelessness finally broke ground on Tuesday. It's been in the pipeline for the 6 years that I've been in the field....that's what NIMBY does, folks.

Next week, I'll be hosting a community forum for a similar initiative.
Yeah, we're finally nearing the tipping point....

Here's for a local 180 on poverty policy, eh?

I love my work. I do.
In the meantime, here are some local stats on the matter:




© 2008 Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment