Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Telling the Boss...HELP!!!

Hoo boy, has this one been on my mind.

I've been pregnant and working before, and it was a lot different. I had my own office and my boss then was very hands-off. It was easy to keep my pregnancy under wraps until about 10 wks.

Now, The Boss and I share an office, we are very intwined in our work - meaning, it usually requires both of us - and we share personal stories all the time. She's kind of like a big sister to me, in all the ways. Which means, if you read between the lines, that she can be a slightly neurotic PITA even though I love her dearly. Particularly when she thinks I'm going to be leaving her - which has happened a few times over the years. Also when she's not happy with her own work life and I know this to be true.

I didn't want to tell her just yet, but my belly, along with the fact that she knows I've recently cut out caffeine, due to our frequent outings to the Coffee Tree, is going to help her put things together before I'm ready. Also, the million trips to the pisser yesterday.

So it leaves me with this quandary - do I tell her so soon (I'm 4 wks y'all!), or do I keep it from her and let her figure it out by the time I divulge the confirmation? Moreover - how can I break it gently to her that I will not be returning to work? And, that the baby is due in the latter half of our notorious grant season?

What do y'all think?




© 2008 Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I think it really depends on how close you are to her....as friends. She will have to understand and it is stressful trying to keep secret something that is so wonderful!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if y'all are that close, it would be better if you told her sooner rather than later.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete