Wednesday, December 20, 2006

In the words of Lucille Ball:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

So today was the day. The day that I was supposed to get my award and bask in the honor, respect, and recognition of my peers. The day that I had to convince myself for the past month that if they thought I deserved it, why then, by golly, I did deserve it. Finally, I'd mustered up the pride that I would simply take this day and enjoy it without dismissal.

But......

God/Mother Nature/insert any other meddling force of the supernatural here, had other thoughts. We're in the midst of a blizzard warning.

Snow started falling just after 6:00a.m. today.

We now have about 2-3 inches in most places, but in other places where the snow has drifted badly - like my patio, we have as much as 6 inches. We're supposed to have about 20 inches total by tonight.

Which means..............

Snow Day!

Which means, my luncheon is cancelled. And now that I was really looking forward to it...well, it's somewhat of a downer. But...life goes on, eh?

I'm all dressed up - to stay at home today....guess I'll go take my cute little suit off and suit up in the appropriate lounge wear....

Edited to add: Now, at nearly 2:00, my patio has about 2 1/2 ft of drifted snow piled right up against my kitchen(back) door.....yikers. Bright spot is, that today and tomorrow have been deemed snow days and the City's "non-essential workers" are free to stay home today and tomorrow, with pay. Woo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, I'm sorry. I am mentally throwing you an award from Los Angeles. (I hope your lounge wear is designer...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing. I hope they reschedule.

    ReplyDelete