Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Down Time for YOU!

Welp....

No dice on the job that was too-good-to-be-true.

I don't know why - I didn't ask why. I don't really want to know why.

I just wonder what it was all supposed to mean - I mean, I wasn't even looking for a different job; I love my job...mostly...there are times when I'm bored, and long for the community building parts of it that seem to have all but disappeared - the people part of it, because right now it feels monotonous and too paper worky. But I have a great Boss - quirky as all hell, but loveable and someone with whom I can swap "Tales from the White Trash Can," as we have come to call them.

What is so frustrating is that it SEEMED like the ideal situation, it SEEMED like the lights were green all the way, and nowhere along the way did God hand me a roadsign telling me to U turn ASAP and just STAY PUT WHERE U ARE AT GIRL! Which is basically what I prayed for.

Naw....He made me conflict and contort my emotions such that I didn't know what I wanted. Such the guy He is, making the woman do all the work, :smirk: I kid, I kid....

But after all that? I ran into the red light of rejection bay-bay. :insert screeching brakes sound here:

It's dawned on me that I don't necessarily need the additional time to be Super-Full-Time-Working-Part-Time-Grad-Schooling-Volunteering-
Involved-Parenting-Woman that this job might have given me (I say might, because after digesting the interview it sounds like they underestimated the time commitment for ALL that they are unloading onto this position), rather I need more of Him and less of me.

"I love you SO much, Daahr!"



© 2008 Ramblings of a Red-Headed Step-Child. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know the frustration when it seems like you're headed one direction and then the door closes.

    Let me encourage you with this, though. Over a year ago things started going crazy where I was working. For the following 1 year and 12 days I was in limbo, and it sucked with the pucker power of a lemon on steroids. (This doesn't count the previous years of limbo which go much deeper.) As of Tuesday this week, everything has fallen into place to give me MORE than I ever dreamed - without that horrible year and the preceding years this joy would not be happening.

    ((((hugs)))) I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they added the 10 hours, it was a red flag for me....

    If your goal was to work fewer hours - that may not have been what you thought you were signing up for.

    God is good. He will put you or KEEP you exactly where He can use you best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, there's always something else that's a better fit out there. ALWAYS. In the meantime, it sounds like you're in a good place right now, so keep on keepin' on, and just keep your eyes and ears open for next time.

    ReplyDelete